I have some ssuggestions and recomendations :D 
Verified user

languages: English, Spanish
Post I have some ssuggestions and recomendations :D
This is my favorite forum creator engine, but i have some suggestions that i want to be put here to be a better engine :D

1: The possibility of put personalizated domains: This is important for those that wants to do big forums here, in my case i want to put a Freenom .cf domain to my forum (this is my forum: http://foromangaka.forums-free.com :geek: )

2: Put PC images in my posts: This is important too because, is a little tedious to publish a image on a image hosting and copy the image URL and paste it, and is more tedious if your PC is slow, so put this function will help a little bit :D

3: Put HTML codes and more personalization in the forum: Example: i want to put some Google Ads, or some HTML codes to put music or something in the forum, but i can't, and i want to put a background, but the template that i use does not allows that. So more personalization and put HTML codes is a really good idea :)

4: More templates with possibility of put a background image: This is because i like the eMuza template, and more templates, but does not allows put a background image, only few templates allows that, so more templates with possibility of put a background image will be a good idea :D

5: Put more SEO Tools: Is fundamental for a forum to appear on search engines like Google, or Yahoo, or DuckDuckGO, or Bing, etc. So more SEO Tools like Tags, and more few things will be great! :mrgreen:.

Well, my friends! that are my suggestions, if i have more, i will publish it, bye!

Last edited by Andreso on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Verified user

languages: Danish, English, Norwegian & Swedish
Post Re: I have some ssuggestions and recomendations :D
Hi Andreso. I'll try to comment to your suggestions here, maybe Admin will comment further whenever he is online again...

Andreso wrote:
1: The possibility of put personalizated domains: This is important for those that wants to do big forums here, in my case i want to put a Freenom .cf domain to my forum (i will not link my forum yet because i'm developing it :geek: )

This have been done before; and as far as I know, if you have a domain, you can point a subdomain to your forums-free forum by making a CNAME record in your DNS server :)

Andreso wrote:
2: Put PC images in my posts: This is important too because, is a little tedious to publish a image on a image hosting and copy the image URL and paste it, and is more tedious if your PC is slow, so put this function will help a little bit :D

Forums-Free doesn't have unlimited space, keep that in mind, and with a lot of forums, it requires a lot of disk space, and the money gained by this service are not enough to cover the expenses connected to this.

Andreso wrote:
3: Put HTML codes and more personalization in the forum: Example: i want to put some Google Ads, or some HTML codes to put music or something in the forum, but i can't, and i want to put a background, but the template that i use does not allows that. So more personalization and put HTML codes is a really good idea :)

You can already add HTML code, but you need to make it to an BBCode first, other than that, it won't work, that's how the forum system has been made - we're not in control of that.
Regarding Google Ads, this service already have Google Ads as far as I know, and the BBCode doesn't (as far as I know) support JavaScript which I believe is required to make Google Ads work.

Andreso wrote:
4: More templates with possibility of put a background image: This is because i like the eMuza template, and more templates, but does not allows put a background image, only few templates allows that, so more templates with possibility of put a background image will be a good idea :D

There's already a subforum on this board where you can suggest templates :)
need-a-theme-that-is-not-here-t401.html

Andreso wrote:
5: Put more SEO Tools: Is fundamental for a forum to appear on search engines like Google, or Yahoo, or DuckDuckGO, or Bing, etc. So more SEO Tools like Tags, and more few things will be great! :mrgreen:.

More SEO tools?
I think you'll have to be more specific, which SEO tools are needed? :)

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:28 pm
Verified user

Mikkel Trebbien wrote:
Hi Andreso. I'll try to comment to your suggestions here, maybe Admin will comment further whenever he is online again...

Andreso wrote:
1: The possibility of put personalizated domains: This is important for those that wants to do big forums here, in my case i want to put a Freenom .cf domain to my forum (i will not link my forum yet because i'm developing it :geek: )

This have been done before; and as far as I know, if you have a domain, you can point a subdomain to your forums-free forum by making a CNAME record in your DNS server :)

Andreso wrote:

Forums-Free doesn't have unlimited space, keep that in mind, and with a lot of forums, it requires a lot of disk space, and the money gained by this service are not enough to cover the expenses connected to this.

Andreso wrote:

You can already add HTML code, but you need to make it to an BBCode first, other than that, it won't work, that's how the forum system has been made - we're not in control of that.
Regarding Google Ads, this service already have Google Ads as far as I know, and the BBCode doesn't (as far as I know) support JavaScript which I believe is required to make Google Ads work.

Andreso wrote:

Andreso wrote:

More SEO tools?
I think you'll have to be more specific, which SEO tools are needed? :)

About the SEO Tools, is because Tags for the website are needed, and some few extra tools :) and about the image PC upload, why not connect imgbb to Forums-Free? so in the post will be a button that with your imgbb account connected shows your images and upload one or more images on the post, why not that idea? 8-)

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Verified user

Mikkel Trebbien wrote:

Well, but i already suggested on this thread about the templates with background, so please if you and the dev team can, introduce more backgrounded templates :mrgreen:

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Verified user

languages: Danish, English, Norwegian & Swedish
---------
First of all, you make it sound as if we made this forum system, which is as wrong as one could possibly be :)

Second, lately admin has been away from all contact, at least he haven't replied to my latest messages.
Forums-Free has at least once changed owner, and I must admit that the previous owner worked full hearted on this service, some would say too much, others might not, but case is that we're using an old phpBB version, and the users can't update to a newer version, this can only be done by the service admin.
Not even I can do it, as it requires server access, and I only know of one or two who has server access.

Regarding templates, the previous owner installed themes quite fast (within 3-5 days I've once experienced), but since the new owner, I don't think any new themes, mods or updates have been installed.
Personally, I would've updated the system as soon as I became aware of a new version, but as a regular user / supporter I can't do much.
I've suggested many changes, but none of them have been completed.

Ofcause, there's a life outside this service, respect for that, but this service just ain't developing as people would hope for.

Regarding SEO tools, I don't know if that's an option for phpBB, personally I've never used SEO tools.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:53 am