Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Gmail account not allowed, why not? 
Verified user

Post Gmail account not allowed, why not?
One of my members has updated his email address, when i tried to change this it tells me gmail is not allowed, why is this?

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:33 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Verified user

languages: Danish, English, Norwegian & Swedish
---------
Post Re: Gmail account not allowed, why not?
Dear user.

We're sorry that You experience this problem.
However, the reason is simple, and understanding.

Spambots can sign up for Gmail accounts, as simple as You can scratch Your neck.
Google's signup process is so simple, that someone have hacked it, and made a spambot, who registers for a gmail, then abuses this e-mail to spam websites and other services.

Since we cannot stop that process, all we can do, is to block all Gmail addresses from using Forums-Free.
As for now, we do not intend to change this.

My best suggestion to work around this, is to get an email redirector OR use another mail service (sadly).

Personally I use mail.ru which I haven't experienced any spam with, as long as You avoid using the big services for this (Facebook, Twitter etc).

That's all I can help with this problem.
Again, I apology that anyone experience this problem, but it is kind of, out of our hands

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]