Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Are the Free-Froums still supported? 
Verified user

Post Are the Free-Froums still supported?
I have had my free forum since 2008 but have noticed the activity on this forum has slowly died down. Ive not seen any updates or back up for a long time either.

So does anyone know the story? Are these forums still supported? Or should I back everything up incase they are shut down?

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:32 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Verified user

languages: Danish, English, Norwegian & Swedish
Post Re: Are the Free-Froums still supported?
its_only_a_game wrote:
I have had my free forum since 2008 but have noticed the activity on this forum has slowly died down. Ive not seen any updates or back up for a long time either.

So does anyone know the story? Are these forums still supported? Or should I back everything up incase they are shut down?

IF the board has been used within 30-60 days its still active, otherwise the board (as opposed to "Forum"), has been set to Read Only, which the user itself cannot change (as far as I know).
This process has been removed since 2012 I think.
We've experienced some problems lately, which might've caused loss of users and usage.

Furthermore, the use of discussion boards has somewhat died out, in my honest opinion.
All discussions has moved to e.g. Facebook Groups / Facebook Pages, and similar.

Personally, I do not have a discussion board on Forums-Free, since I know how to program my own discussion board, and have done so.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:46 pm
Verified user

Thanks for the reply, I agree about forums(or boards) dying out due to facebook, even normal websites are facing competition from facebook like sports websites.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Verified user

languages: Danish, English, Norwegian & Swedish
---------
its_only_a_game wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I agree about forums(or boards) dying out due to facebook, even normal websites are facing competition from facebook like sports websites.

I fully agree on that.
Even I have huge problems with my websites being visited.
There are several million websites in the world, and we're all battling to get visitors, some never gets them.
- Reason why many of my websites was taken down, due to inactivity/no visits.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:15 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]